Thursday, September 3, 2009

keep on praying for the good times.....


I know that you don’t want to talk to me, hear my voice or look at my face. I can probably understand that you have been hurt and you need time to recover. It’s hard to acknowledge this but I know, and Iam trying to live this hard truth of my life.

I have apologized to you and god in many ways, through many words. No day goes by when I don’t feel the guilt or remorse but I still apologize hoping you might get past this. It’s never too late and in our case it can never be.

I feel through not communicating, there are unspoken words that need to be heard and feelings cleared. I don’t know what you are thinking but I want you to know that life is a lot larger than it seems. Holding on to grudges and hiding your feelings especially from me will not get you too far. Life is short and seems less sometimes. But this is the only life that we‘ll ever have to ourselves. It’s too short for hatred, dislike, disbelief and anger. It is too minute to be spent agonizing, without empathy and compassion. My grandfather might have cancer. He’s dying and we all know it. We now wish for things that we had never said to him. We now yearn to have treated him better. His frail arms and pale eyes make us want to never forgive ourselves sometimes. But what we wish the most is to spend most of our time with him. To make right what we made wrong. To heal wounds we injured in the past. To love him and let him be loved. To make him smile so that he forgets his pain for a while. To make beautiful that little time that we have left with him.

People go through such severe hardships in life that they forget the meaning of life. Alhamdoliah we have been spared from such atrocities. God forbid if anything happened to either of us, I don’t want either of us to spend the rest of our life in pain thinking we had not done what we did. And there are people who are alive but spiritually dead. Their soul has died. And they wish that they had said the magic words to their loved ones, had made them feel loved before it was too late………


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel it sister :(
Many words I want to say too. Sigh. May Allah both you and me.

seeker said...

thank you....may god help you in your cause as well....ameen...
troubles and hardships r from god only