Tuesday, June 23, 2009


you set me free, you liberate me and your'e love is all that means to me. iam like a bird whose lost sometimes but you give me your wings to fly. and i fly around like the world is all that there is. sometimes in the middle of my work, i stop typing and you come before my eyes. you cloud my vision and hamper my thoughts. you cling to me and i just cant let go of you.
i see you through a moving car, my eyes sometimes spot your smile across the translucent glass. sometimes words cannot explain and its real. it feels so real to me.
i hate passing your old neighbourhood, there i dont even need to close my eyes. i can actually feel you standing at your porch where we spent so many nights. those broken steps that led to your upper storey house. the darkness that always prevailed and then your smile would bring light to me. i hate being where you were and are not anymore. i hate looking at those lanes where you grew as a child. you were there, youre not anymore.
i have not gone back to that place where a tree stands with your name and mine. sometimes i think about that tree, engraved with writings of innocence. where you chased me while our freinds watched. you caught me and i surrendered to your arms.
you set me free while i chain myself to your memories. when you told me that you loved me, i knew things would never be the same. i would never be the same. i hold on to small minute objects given by you. they have withered, their colour faded. the paper of your cards have turned yellow. your balloon burst and shred many years ago, yet it still sleeps in my cupboard. i still laugh at your old hairstyles. your poetry wounds my heart. my heart skips a beat everytime you write for me. your sketches, your hand writing and your images are all that iam left with sometimes.
your existance seems magicial to me.

2 comments:

jingoist said...

awww!!
dun tell me its heart pour of yours ?

seeker said...

of course it is...it comes straight from my very own heart.