Wednesday, October 22, 2008

why am i not there?

mondays incident gave a reality check. it reminded me that everyhting in this world is faani_temporary.we were sent to this world for a purpose and when that purpose is over, we will be sent back to our lord. whoever has understood this and keeps this in mind everyday, he will never sin. why do we sin waisay? because we know that allah is watching but screw it, lets just do it anyway. or sometimes the urge is so strong that you just cannot overcome it. that happens a lot with me.may allah guide me and forgive me.
anyway, a very tragic incident happened on monday. a classmates brother passed away in a very gruesome accident. suprisingly, the mother was very calm and at peace.a person with very high iman can be like that. a person who allah loves a lot and gives sabr to. sabr can only be attained if asked for it. this incident reminded me of hazrat ibrahim. how much must he have loved allah to to be willing to sacrifice his son for him. a son who was given to him after so many years.that is the level of love that a momin should posses for his rab. we love our worldy things so much, we love our parents, siblings and spouse so much that we cannot imajine a life without them. and they go right in front our eyes in a jiffy, while were still trying to figure out why that happened. everything in this world is faani. our homes, our wealth and us. the sooner we accept this the better.
death always makes me think about myself. if i were to leave the world like that, would i be prepared to? would my bag of good deeds be full? when the angel at the grave comes to ask me for my kalima, would i remember it? when they do the counting for my salaat, will there be some missing? all these questions scare me so much that sometimes i cease to think about them. just saying my prayers on time and reading the quran is not enough. huquq allah is just as important as huquq ul ibad. deen and dunya is so difficult in todays time. you want to be religious and worldly. you want to invite people towrds islam without offending them. you want to tell people when their really wrong without hurting them. you want to be a perfect model of islam without boasting it. i pray to allah everyday for such things. but i never realise that i have to work hard for these things. i have to love everyone the way i love my family. i have to care for everyone the way i would for myself. s strangers illness should be my own. a persons problem should be my own. i should not judge or differentiate. these are the qualities of a momin. and this is exactly what i lack. when i dont work on my weaknesses, how can i expect allah to make me a perfect model. you have to let go of something to achieve the other!

2 comments:

Sky High said...

Super true.
I don't know how to reach attain that level myself. Most of the time you spend deluding yourself, that there's a tomorrow. Whta if there's none. No tomorrow? Then all the things you wuld have to say to people, phone calls made, sins shunned, prayers to be asked for, will happen in one day. Why aren't we motivated, why is TODAY not so important?

seeker said...

yes sticky sweet, keep pondering and let me know when youre there!